Yoga for pregnancy
classes in Harpenden
Yoga during pregnancy offers many benefits which help with the
changing physical demands of being pregnant, delivering the baby
and the early post-natal period. With focus on developing body
awareness as well as flexibility and developing breathing techniques.
Benefits of Yoga during pregnancy
- Alleviate symptoms of common pregnancy ailments which
can include postural problems, oedema, digestive
issues, nausea, muscle cramps, low back pain, urinary incontinence
- Increase energy and help maintain fitness levels
- Improves posture - leading to a reduction in spine related pain
- Maintain pelvic floor - promotes muscle tone to pelvic
floor and abdominal muscles and aids post-natal recovery
- Maintain strength in the lower body - for moving around
during labour and for the changing birthing position
- Increase skills for an active birth
- Aid to Optimal Foetal Positioning
- Breathing practices - to cultivate breath awareness,
moving with the breath and to aid with the process of labour
- Reduce stress and anxiety - promotion and practice of relaxation
- Enhanced sense of well-being, including
improved mood, self-esteem and body image
Most women are able to undertake exercise throughout their pregnancy.
An initial general health screening chat will be made to establish
any history and whether precautions may be advisable.
A GP or Midwife's consent to attend will be required if
precautions are advisable.
New yoga students are encouraged to begin active
classes from Trimester 2 - 15 weeks onwards.
A blanket, cushions or a bolster will be required
for ease and comfort. A water bottle may be required for hydration.
Yoga for pregnancy classes /
Venue and dates of classes
Thursday weekly classes at Harpenden Trust Centre Hall,
90 Southdown Road, Harpenden, AL5 1PS
- Pregnancy yoga class 7:30-8:30pm
- Course of 6 classes £60